TOP 10 REASONS OF WHY TO DO BUSINESS IN BRAZIL
1. Brazil is the 6th largest economy worldwide
2. Largest country and economy in Latin America.
3. Second largest emerging market in the world after China; represents the 'B' in BRICS, a global growth engine for today and tomorrow.
4. Brazil has one of the largest consumer markets in the world, with over 201 million inhabitants and more than 40 million new consumers joining the emergent middle class.
5. Average GDP growth rate of 3.8% over the last decade (2002-2012).
6. Large territory covering 8.5 million square kilometers with rich natural resources and the largest economy in Latin America.
7. Connected to all countries in South America by free trade agreements and is member of the South American Common Market (Mercosur).
8. Profits of multinational companies operating in the region have grown more than five times in only nine years, from $20.4 billion in 2002 to $113.1 billion in 2011.
9. Home to Latin America's largest aerospace, automotive, oil and gas, mining, medical equipment and chemical industries.
10. Largest exporter and 2nd-largest producer of ethanol biofuel in the world. It is among the world's top producers and exporters of sugar, orange juice, coffee, soybeans, beef, poultry, pork, tobacco and forest products.
Brazil Economic Studies - Coface
Investment Guide to Brazil 2014 - Government of Brazil
Brazilian Official Guide on Investment Opportunities - Government of Brazil